Table of ContentsDefinition / general
Cite this page: Pernick N. Eyelid: general. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/eyeeyelidgeneral.html. Accessed October 15th, 2019.
Definition / general
- Specimens received are often from cosmetic blepharoplasty or other reparative surgery with no abnormalities
- Other lesions are similar to those in skin
- Creates tear film via accessory lacrimal glands embedded above fibrous tarsus of eyelid
- Helps to protect and lubricate the globe
- Tumors may prevent complete closure of eyelid, leading to exposure and ulceration of cornea