Table of ContentsDefinition / general
Cite this page: Pernick, N. Eyelid: melanosis oculi of eyelid. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/eyeeyelidmelanosisoculi.html. Accessed July 21st, 2018.
Definition / general
- Also called ocular melanocytosis
- Rare congenital anomaly with variable hyperpigmentation of conjunctiva, episclera, sclera, uveal tract, possibly optic nerve
- May be variant of nevus of Ota
- Associated with ocular melanoma
- Sclera appears blue due to deep uveal pigmentation (see Tyndall effect)