Cite this page: Pernick N. Eyelid: nevus of Ota in eyelid. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/eyeeyelidnevusofota.html. Accessed September 18th, 2019.
Definition / general
- Also called congenital oculodermal melanosis
- More common in Asians and blacks
- A form of extrasacral mongolian spot involving the distribution of the first and second branches of trigeminal nerve in face
- Diffuse and deeply seated melanocytic lesion
- Slight risk of uveal melanoma if skin of eyelid or periorbital area is affected