Cite this page: Pernick, N. Lacrimal duct: squamous cell carcinoma. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/eyelacrimalscc.html. Accessed July 21st, 2018.
Definition / general
- Uncommon; usually moderately differentiated
- Similar to nasal or conjunctival squamous cell carcinoma
- Often spreads along surfaces as well as infiltrating
- Lung is most common site for metastases, then bone and remote viscera
Microscopic (histologic) description
- Often papillary projections into lumen