Reviewer: Deepali Jain, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 13 April 2013, last major update February 2013
Copyright: (c) 2004-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
- Excision for cosmetic reasons or to remove mild irritation; otherwise no treatment
- Elevated yellow lesion (due to solar elastosis) in bulbar conjunctiva in interpalpebral region near nasal limbus; conjunctiva is atrophic or thickened
End of Eye > Conjunctiva > Pinguecula
- Band of subepithelial actinic elastosis with variable hyalinization and calcification
- May have acanthosis or dyskeratosis resembling carcinoma
- May have foreign body giant cell reaction around elastotic material (actinic granuloma)
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com
with any questions (click here for other