Cite this page: Riddle N, Shutter J. Ligneous salpingitis. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/fallopiantubesligneoussalpingitis.html. Accessed May 26th, 2019.
Definition / general
- Ligneous: resembles wood or marble
- Rare, may cause infertility
- Ligneous (pseudomembranous) inflammation of female genital tract is rare and unusual, caused by extensive subepithelial fibrin deposition and associated inflammation, linked to plasminogen deficiency (Int J Gynecol Pathol 2004;23:292, Ann Diagn Pathol 2009;13:132)
- Associated with involvement of conjunctiva
Microscopic (histologic) description
- Amorphous hyaline eosinophilic material