Table of ContentsDefinition / general
Cite this page: Opinion. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/forensicsautopsyopinion.html. Accessed August 24th, 2017.
Definition / general
- Probably the most important section of the autopsy report that will be read by lawyers, judges, law enforcement, insurance companies, lay public, and most importantly the decedent's family members
- A well written and thought out opinion may reduce the need for the pathologist to be summoned to testify in a courtroom
- An opinion section links the COD with MOD and describes all pertinent findings in paragraph form
- The opinion section needs to be precise, factual, logical
- Depending on the complexity of the case, an opinion section may be a few short sentences or several pages