Malignant gallbladder tumors
Gastrointestinal stromal tumor
Reviewer: Hanni Gulwani, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 15 February 2013, last major update September 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Very rare (<10 cases reported)
● Benign or malignant behavior
● 34 year old woman with right upper quadrant abdominal pain
(Arch Pathol Lab Med 2002;126:481)
● 69 year old woman (Am J Surg Pathol 2000;24:1420)
● 72 year old woman with CD117- tumor (HPB Surg 2011;2011:327192)
● Primary malignant gastrointestinal stromal tumor (J Gastrointest Cancer 2011 Nov 16 [Epub ahead of print])
● Bland spindle cells with hyperchromatic nuclei
● CD117, vimentin, variable CD34
● Smooth muscle actin, desmin, myoglobin, cytokeratin, S100
End of Gallbladder > Malignant gallbladder tumors > Gastrointestinal stromal tumor
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).