Benign gallbladder tumors
Reviewer: Hanni Gulwani, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 20 October 2014, last major update September 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2014, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● 15-25% of benign polyps
● See also adenomyomatous hyperplasia
● 57 year old woman with Gardner's syndrome presenting with cholangitis
(Gastroenterol Clin Biol 2007;31:425)
● 60 year old woman with clinically gangrenous gallbladder (Case of the Week #186)
● 5-25 mm, usually in fundus in muscular layer
● Hyperplasia of muscularis propria with intramural hyperplastic or cystically dilated glands
Case of Week #186
End of Gallbladder > Benign gallbladder tumors > Adenomyosis
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).