Extrahepatic bile ducts
Features to report
Reviewer: Hanni Gulwani, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 15 February 2013, last major update September 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Bile duct wall thickness, external surface, obstruction, stones
● Tumor size and location
● Tumor histologic type, pattern and grade
● Depth of invasion
● Number and size of tumor nodules
● Tumor extension to adjacent structures
● Status of resection margins
● Regional lymph nodes: number identified, number with tumor
● Angiolymphatic invasion
● Perineural invasion
● Presence of carcinoma in situ or dysplasia
● Arch Pathol Lab Med 2000;124:26,
Arch Pathol Lab Med 2010;134:e8,
End of Extrahepatic bile ducts > Tumors > Features to report
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).