Malignant gallbladder tumors
Large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma
Reviewer: Hanni Gulwani, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 15 February 2013, last major update September 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Very rare (<10 cases reported)
● Similar to pulmonary counterpart
● Report of two cases
(Am J Surg Pathol 2000;24:1424)
● Organoid growth pattern with rosettes and necrosis
● Large cells, prominent nucleoli, coarse chromatin, high mitotic rate
● May have intestinal metaplasia of tumor cells or adjacent mucosa
● Endocrine markers
● High molecular weight cytokeratin
End of Gallbladder > Malignant gallbladder tumors > Large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).