Extrahepatic bile ducts
Reviewer: Hanni Gulwani, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 10 October 2014, last major update September 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2014, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Usually post-operative, at stump of cystic duct
● May cause postcholecystectomy pain or obstructive jaundice
● 48 year old man with history of cholecystectomy and jaundice, 59 year old woman with painful nodularity of common hepatic duct
(Case of the Week #329)
● 70 year old man with polypoid mass (Korean J Gastroenterol 2008;52:32)
● 73 year old patient with obstructive jaundice (G Chir 2006;27:31)
● 88 year old man with markedly fibrotic gallbladder but no prior surgery (Hum Pathol 1985;16:1168)
● Arising from injury during cholecystectomy (Hum Pathol 1984;15:287)
● Arising in gallbladder (Arch Pathol Lab Med 1985;109:574)
Case of the Week #329 - Case A; fig 4: S100
Case of the Week #329 - Case B
End of Extrahepatic bile ducts > Tumors > Traumatic neuroma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).