Benign gallbladder tumors
Reviewer: Hanni Gulwani, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 14 February 2013, last major update September 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Associated with metachromatic leukodystrophy in children and adults
● May cause massive hemobilia
● 2 year old girl with metachromatic leukodystrophy
(Hum Pathol 1984;15:1192)
● Middle aged woman with acromegaly (World J Gastroenterol 2007;13:3144)
● 76 year old woman with upper abdominal pain (Hepatogastroenterology 1997;44:681)
Foveolar-type tubulopapillary (villous) adenoma arising in Rokitansky-Aschoff sinus; lining cells are tall columnar with abundant cytoplasm and basal nuclei
Diffuse nuclear expression of CDX2 in an intestinal-type papillary (villous) adenoma
End of Gallbladder > Benign gallbladder tumors > Villous papilloma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).