Reviewer: Hanni Gulwani, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 10 February 2013, last major update September 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Long mesentery or no firm attachment to liver (Br Med J 1975;3:193, J Radiol 2000;81:1591)
● At risk for torsion, herniation
● 60 year old man with acute onset diffuse abdominal pain (Saudi J Gastroenterol 2010;16:50)
● 65 year old woman with hypoplasia of right hepatic lobe (Acta Chir Belg 2003;103:425)
● 70 year old woman (Am J Surg 2008;196:240)
End of Gallbladder > Congenital anomalies > Wandering gallbladder
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).