Reviewers: Nikhil Sangle, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 25 December 2012, last major update September 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Artificial replacement for lost kidney function in people with renal failure (Wikipedia)
● Treatment may cause acquired cystic kidney disease, papillary adenoma, acquired cystic kidney disease related carcinoma, clear cell papillary renal cell carcinoma
● Associated with beta2 microglobulin amyloidosis, usually affecting bone or joints, occasionally viscera (J Am Soc Nephrol 1997;8:509)
● Rare fatal air embolism after dialysis (Am J Forensic Med Pathol 2012;33:110)
● Arterial intimal thickening, calcium oxalate crystals in tubules
Calcium oxalate crystals (various causes)
End of Kidney non-tumor > Miscellaneous > Dialysis
Ref Updated: 9/6/12
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).