Cite this page: Sangle, N. Kidney transplantation general. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/kidneytransgeneral.html. Accessed March 20th, 2018.
- (a) if graft failure is due to acute tubular necrosis, drug related nephrotoxicity (cyclosporin, tacrolimus), infections, outflow tract obstruction, primary glomerular disease, rejection, vascular obstruction
- (b) for rejection, intensity and nature, potential reversibility and thus most suitable therapy
- First transplant performed in 1950 (Wikipedia: Kidney transplantation [Accessed 27 December 2017])
- Better prognosis with living donors and younger donors (Transpl Int 2012;25:1150)
- ABO-incompatible kidney transplantation is effective (Transplant Rev (Orlando) 2013;27:1)
- Mismatches for HLA class II were more strongly associated with hospitalization and death with functionng graft than mismatches for HLA class I (Am J Transplant 2012;12:3031)