Other adult malignancies
Reviewers: Sean Williamson, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 13 July 2012, last major update July 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Rare, may be extension of retroperitoneal teratoma or Wilms’ tumor with teratoid features (Radiographics 2005;25:481)
● Newborn with immature teratoma in horseshoe kidney (J Pediatr Surg 2006;41:1313)
● 1 month old infant with renal teratoma recapitulating cecum and appendix with bone, neuroepithelium, fat, fibromuscular tissue, cartilage, and skin (J Pediatr Surg 2010;45:255)
● 30 year old woman with primary carcinoid tumor arising in mature teratoma of kidney (Arch Pathol Lab Med 2002;126:979), review of 7 similar cases (Diagn Pathol 2007;2:15)
Primary carcinoid tumors arising within mature teratoma
Adipose tissue, pilosebaceous elements and keratinizing squamous epithelium
● Cystic renal dysplasia: disorganized lobar organization, undifferentiated mesenchyme, metaplastic cartilage, immature collecting ducts, cysts, very rarely squamous cysts (Pediatr Nephrol 2011;26:1893)
End of Kidney tumor - adult malignancies > Other adult malignancies > Teratoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).