Kidney tumor - cysts, children, adult benign
Benign (usually) adult tumors
Reviewers: Mandolin Ziadie, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 1 March 2012, last major update February 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Rare and benign tumor of perineurial cells
● 7 year old girl (Gen Diagn Pathol 1997;143:75)
● 26 year old man (Ann Pathol 2002;22:476)
● 66 year old woman (Arch Pathol Lab Med 1993;117:654)
● Storiform proliferation of delicate spindle cells with elongated processes
● No long fascicles, no ectatic vessels
Perineurioma: site unspecified
● EMA, type 4 collagen, GLUT1 and claudin1
● Low grade fibromyxoid sarcoma: focal to diffuse whirling, heavily collagenized stroma with abrupt transition to myxoid areas, often epithelioid areas, large collagen rosettes and infiltration of adjacent tissue
● Schwannoma: long fascicles, ectatic blood vessels, S100+, EMA- and type 4 collagen-
End of Kidney tumor - cysts, children, adult benign > Benign (usually) adult tumors > Perineurioma
Ref Updated: 2/17/12
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).