Cite this page: Sangle, N. Venous thrombi. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/kidneyvenousthrombi.html. Accessed November 15th, 2018.
Definition / general
- Due to trauma, tumor or membranous glomerulonephritis
- Chronic kidney disease is a risk factor (J Thromb Haemost 2010;8:2428)
- 53 year old man with bilateral renal vein thrombosis and subsequent acute renal failure due to IVC filter migration and thrombosis (Clin Nephrol 2010;73:408)
- 62 year old woman with acute bilateral renal vein thrombosis due to sepsis from pyelonephritis (Int Braz J Urol 2012;38:132)
- 74 year old man with renal actinomycosis with concomitant renal vein thrombosis (Clin Nephrol 2012;77:156)