Blood vessel disorders
Reviewers: Nikhil Sangle, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 25 December 2012, last major update August 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Due to trauma, tumor or membranous glomerulonephritis
● Chronic kidney disease is a risk factor (J Thromb Haemost 2010;8:2428)
● 53 year old man with bilateral renal vein thrombosis and subsequent acute renal failure due to IVC filter migration and thrombosis (Clin Nephrol 2010;73:408)
● 62 year old woman with acute bilateral renal vein thrombosis due to sepsis from pyelonephritis (Int Braz J Urol 2012;38:132)
● 74 year old man with renal actinomycosis with concomitant renal vein thrombosis (Clin Nephrol 2012;77:156)
Renal vein thrombus
End of Kidney non-tumor > Blood vessel disorders > Venous thrombi
Ref Updated: 8/28/12
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).