Cite this page: Pernick, N. Chondrometaplasia. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/larynxchondrometaplasia.html. Accessed March 23rd, 2018.
Definition / general
- 2% of laryngeal specimens
- Nodules < 1 cm, usually on vocal cords; may be multifocal
Microscopic (histologic) description
- Elastic rich cartilage nodules, composed of small, uniform, eosinophilic chondrocytes without nuclear abnormalities
- Usually no lobular pattern of hyaline cartilage
- Margins are indistinct with peripheral zone of transition between cartilage and surrounding tissue