Leukemia - Acute
AML not otherwise categorized
CD13, CD33 negative
Reviewer: Daniela Mihova, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 1 February 2013, last major update September 2012
Copyright: (c) 2001-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Not part of WHO classification
● Usually AML M1 or M2
● Typical myeloid morphology and cytochemistry, but negative for CD13, CD14, CD33, CD61 and glycophorin (Am J Clin Pathol 2000;114:29)
● Elderly patients negative for CD33 and CD34 have poor prognosis (Cancer 2008;112:572)
● May express CD13 or CD33 at relapse (Rinsho Ketsueki 2001;42:314, Intern Med 1993;32:733)
● Caution: may induce CD13 expression with in vitro culture (Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 2002;33 Suppl 2:155)
● Often t(8;21)(q22;q22) (Am J Clin Pathol 1997;107:68, Ann Hematol 1999;78:237)
End of Leukemia - Acute > AML not otherwise categorized > CD13, CD33 negative
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).