Cite this page: Mihova D. CD13, CD33 negative acute myeloid leukemia. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/leukemiacd13neg.html. Accessed September 23rd, 2019.
Definition / general
- Not part of WHO classification
- Usually AML M1 or M2
- Typical myeloid morphology and cytochemistry, but negative for CD13, CD14, CD33, CD61 and glycophorin (Am J Clin Pathol 2000;114:29)
- Elderly patients negative for CD33 and CD34 have poor prognosis (Cancer 2008;112:572)
- May express CD13 or CD33 at relapse (Rinsho Ketsueki 2001;42:314, Intern Med 1993;32:733)
- Caution: may induce CD13 expression with in vitro culture (Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 2002;33 Suppl 2:155)