Liver and intrahepatic bile ducts-nontumor
Congestive heart failure
Reviewers: Komal Arora, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 16 May 2012, last major update May 2012
Copyright: (c) 2004-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Also called cardiac sclerosis
● Mild elevation of serum ALT and AST, mild jaundice
● Rarely progresses to fully developed cirrhosis
● Centrilobular congestion and necrosis, central stellate fibrosis
● Sinusoidal dilation which can compress liver cell plates, hemosiderin and lipochrome laden macrophages
● May have cholestasis at edge of fibrotic zone, PAS+ globules in ischemic central zones
● Portal tracts spared until late
End of Liver and intrahepatic bile ducts-nontumor > Systemic disease/conditions > Congestive heart failure
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).