Liver and intrahepatic bile ducts-nontumor
Reviewers: Komal Arora, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 27 May 2012, last major update May 2012
Copyright: (c) 2004-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Changes occuring after post-transplant day #100
● Biopsy provides diagnosis and prognostic information
● Poor prognostic features: piecemeal necrosis, fibrosis, cirrhosis
● Brisk lymphocytic infiltrate, bile duct damage with total loss of interlobular bile ducts (vanishing bile duct syndrome), endothelialitis
● May be piecemeal necrosis but no extensive hepatocellular damage
● Drug reaction (may also cause loss of bile ducts)
End of Liver and intrahepatic bile ducts-nontumor > Transplantation > Chronic GVHD
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).