Liver and intrahepatic bile ducts-nontumor
Biliary tract disease
Reviewers: Komal Arora, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 14 May 2012, last major update May 2012
Copyright: (c) 2004-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Simulates biliary obstruction
● Elevation of alkaline phosphatase and transaminases
● Portal edema, bile ductular proliferation, variable cholestasis, centrilobular ballooning of hepatocytes, fatty change, PAS+ material in Kupffer cells
● Lipofuscin-like pigment and hemosiderin can be seen
● Dig Dis 1994;12:191, Arch Pathol Lab Med 1981;105:152
End of Liver and intrahepatic bile ducts-nontumor > Biliary tract disease > Hyperalimentation
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).