Liver and intrahepatic bile ducts-nontumor
Reviewers: Komal Arora, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 16 May 2012, last major update May 2012
Copyright: (c) 2004-2012, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Need clinical information to confirm diagnosis
● 60-90% have hepatic granulomas, but usually subclinical
● Occasionally associated with chronic intrahepatic cholestasis, portal hypertension, Budd-Chiari syndrome
● Case report of selective involvement of second liver allograft (Mod Pathol 1999;12:325)
● Granulomatous hepatitis with portal and lobular granulomas; granulomas are not duct-centered
● Granulomas may coalesce leading to scarring
● Hepatic fibrosis in 21%, cirrhosis in 6%
● Usually minimal other inflammatory cells
End of Liver and intrahepatic bile ducts-nontumor > Systemic disease/conditions > Sarcoidosis
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).