Liver and intrahepatic bile ducts - tumor
Malignant fibrous histiocytoma
Reviewers: Deepali Jain, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 9 January 2013, last major update February 2012
Copyright: (c) 2004-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Rare (<40 cases reported); mean age 58 years
● Usually solitary, 5-20 cm
● Poor prognosis; usually death within 1 year (World J Surg Oncol 2012 Jan 5;10:2); ezrin may have prognostic value (Am J Surg Pathol 2008;32:1144)
● 90% are storiform-pleomorphic type, 10% myxoid type
● Sarcomatoid hepatocellular carcinoma: cirrhosis present
End of Liver and intrahepatic bile ducts - tumor > Other malignancies > Malignant fibrous histiocytoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).