Liver and intrahepatic bile ducts - Tumor
Reviewers: Deepali Jain, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 9 January 2013, last major update February 2012
Copyright: (c) 2004-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Unilocular; single or multiple; when multiple usually a component of adult polycystic kidney disease
● Usually age 40+ years; prevalence increases with age
● No malignant potential
● Subcapsular, not connected to biliary tree
● Lined by cuboidal or biliary type epithelium; rarely squamous lined
● Thin fibrous wall with pigment laden macrophages; adjacent von Meyenberg complexes are present
End of Liver and intrahepatic bile ducts - Tumor > Benign tumors > Biliary cyst
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).