Liver and intrahepatic bile ducts - tumor
Reviewers: Deepali Jain, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 9 January 2013, last major update February 2012
Copyright: (c) 2004-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Uncommon lymphoproliferative disorder involving lymph nodes in one region or systemic
● Also called angiofollicular hyperplasia
● Stellate fibrous scar separates small nodules of disorganized large and clear hepatocytes
● Scar contains hyperplastic follicles with germinal centers, separated by sheets of plasma cells and vessels
● Small lymphocytes are arranged in onion-skin pattern around follicles
End of Liver and intrahepatic bile ducts - tumor > Benign tumors > Castlemanís disease
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).