Liver and intrahepatic bile ducts - tumor
Leukemia / lymphoma
Diffuse large B cell lymphoma
Reviewers: Deepali Jain, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 9 January 2013, last major update February 2012
Copyright: (c) 2004-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
See also Lymphoma and plasma cell neoplasms chapter
● Most common non Hodgkin lymphoma of liver (Leuk Lymphoma 1998;29:293)
● 56 year old man with intravascular lymphomatosis affecting liver, omentum and bone marrow (Arch Pathol Lab Med 1999;123:952)
● 67 year old man (Hepat Mon 2011;11:203)
● 70 year old man whose tumor has spindle cell component (Virchows Arch 2006;449:591)
● Bulky tan-white mass
Associated with Hepatitis C
● Age-related EBV-associated B-cell lymphoproliferative disorders
● Follicular lymphoma, high grade: usually some classic follicular lymphoma component present, t(14;18)+; CD10+
● Mantle cell lymphoma, blastoid variant: CD5+, CyclinD1+
● Plasmablastic lymphoma: HIV+, immunoblastic morphology
End of Liver and intrahepatic bile ducts - tumor > Leukemia/lymphoma > Diffuse large B cell lymphoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).