Liver and intrahepatic bile ducts - Tumor
Reviewers: Deepali Jain, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 9 January 2013, last major update February 2012
Copyright: (c) 2004-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Also called diffuse hemangiomatosis
● Usually neonates, rare in adults
● May also affect lung and bone
● Associated with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia (Rendu-Osler-Weber disease), giant cavernous hemngioma and systemic hemangiomatosis
● Nodules may replace entire liver
● Numerous, small, ill-defined, poorly circumscribed, hemangiomatosis nodules in portal tracts with alternating normal parenchyma; may become sclerosed
End of Liver and intrahepatic bile ducts - Tumor > Benign tumors > Hemangiomatosis
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).