Liver and intrahepatic bile ducts - Tumor
Reviewers: Deepali Jain, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 9 January 2013, last major update February 2012
Copyright: (c) 2004-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Rare, usually incidental finding
● Woman with Hepatitis B and multiple hepatic lipomas (Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2007;19:807)
● Associated with hepatocellular carcinoma and polycystic liver disease (Dig Surg. 2001;18:323)
● Solitary, 1-20 cm
● Mature fat or brown fat (hibernoma)
● Focal fatty change
● Pseudolipoma: rare, small, encapsulated lesion of mature lipocytes in immediate subcapsular region, presumed to arise from adherent appendix epiploica
End of Liver and intrahepatic bile ducts - Tumor > Benign tumors > Lipoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).