Liver and intrahepatic bile ducts - Tumor
Reviewers: Deepali Jain, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 9 January 2013, last major update February 2012
Copyright: (c) 2004-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Tumor of fat and bone marrow hematopoietic cells resembling adrenal tumor
● Rare extraadernal sites: spleen, mediastinum, testis and liver
● Histogenesis not clear
● Neoplastic or metaplastic changes or emboli from bone marrow, or embryonic rests of hematapoietic tissue (J Gastrointestin Liver Dis 2010;19:105)
● Associated with hepatocellular carcinoma (AJR Am J Roentgenol 1994;163:1111)
● Fatty lesion with grayish-red appearance
● Fat and bone marrow hematopoietic cells
End of Liver and intrahepatic bile ducts - Tumor > Benign tumors > Myelolipoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).