Liver and intrahepatic bile ducts - Tumor
Reviewers: Deepali Jain, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 9 January 2013, last major update February 2012
Copyright: (c) 2004-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Rare tumor embedded in cavity on liver surface
● Also called pseudolipoma of Glissonís capsule, coelomic fat ectopia
● Represents trapped appendix epiploica, often related to prior surgery
● Very rare in women
● 69 year old man with incidental finding (Arch Pathol Lab Med 2003;127:503)
● 0.5-2cm, solitary, encapsulated, smooth, yellow-white, hard nodule of fat necrosis, calcification, ossification
● Thick fibrous capsule surrounding necrotic mature fat cells with degenerative changes including calcification
Mineralized nodule composed of cells with homogenized basophilic material
End of Liver and intrahepatic bile ducts - Tumor > Benign tumors > Pseudolipoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).