Table of ContentsDefinition / General
Cite this page: Loeffler syndrome. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/lungnontumorloeffler.html. Accessed March 28th, 2017.
Definition / General
- Acute eosinophilic pneumonia with transient diffuse pulmonary infiltrates composed primarily of eosinophils and serum eosinophilia
- Characteristic imaging findings, so biopsy is rarely performed
- Eosinophils may be present in sputum
- Often associated with ascaris infection
- Self limited - lasts only up to 1 month