Other interstitial pneumonitis / fibrosis
Nonspecific interstitial pneumonia/fibrosis
Reviewers: Elliot Weisenberg, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 25 September 2011, last major update September 2011
Copyright: (c) 2003-2011, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Often related to autoimmune diseases
● Cellular and fibrosing patterns
● Better prognosis than UIC; cellular pattern has better prognosis than fibrotic pattern, with good response to steroids
● Some patients have findings of both UIP and NSIP, but have poor prognosis of UIP
● Cellular pattern: lymphoplasmacytic infiltrates in a patchy or uniform distribution with minimal fibrosis
● Fibrosing pattern: patchy to diffuse interstitial fibrosis of uniform age (compare to UIP)
End of Lung-nontumor > Other interstitial pneumonitis / fibrosis > Nonspecific interstitial pneumonia/fibrosis
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).