Other interstitial pneumonitis / fibrosis
Reviewers: Elliot Weisenberg, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 25 September 2011, last major update September 2011
Copyright: (c) 2003-2011, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Associated with bone marrow, heart and lung transplants, rheumatoid arthritis, penicillamine or gold therapy and post-viral infection, especially adenovirus
● Associated with chronic rejection in lung transplant patients, an irreversible condition with poor prognosis
● May be patchy, fibrosis in submucosa of bronchioles leading to partial or complete occlusion of small airways
● Inflammatory cell infiltrates may or may not be present
● Organizing pneumonia may be present
Follicular bronchiolitis that obliterates lumen
End of Lung-nontumor > Other interstitial pneumonitis / fibrosis > Obliterative bronchiolitis
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).