Cite this page: Round or rounded atelectasis. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/lungnontumorroundedat.html. Accessed March 30th, 2017.
Definition / General
- Localized area of subpleural lung collapse with associated pleural fibrosis
- Patients usually asymptomatic with occupational exposure to asbestos
- Usually posterior portion of a lower lobe
- Lung shows ill defined atelectasis with deeply invaginated pleural folds, which may disappear during grossing
- Pleural fibrosis and invagination (use elastic stains to highlight) and atelectasis