Reviewer: Deepali Jain, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 22 January 2013, last major update September 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● Usually associated with AIDS, HHV8 infection; also immunocompromise, organ transplant
● Diffuse reticulonodular pulmonary infiltrates, solitary lung nodules, or pleural effusions
● Tumor follows lymphatic channels
● Detection of HHV8 DNA is highly specific and sensitive for diagnosis of pulmonary Kaposi sarcoma
● Discrete dark red hemorrhagic nodules with growth along septa and infiltration of small airways, pulmonary arteries, veins
End of Lung tumor > Other malignancies > Kaposi sarcoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).