Reviewer: Deepali Jain, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 23 January 2013, last major update September 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
See also Skin - Nonmelanocytic tumors chapter
● 78 year old man with slow growing, endobronchial tumor (Am J Surg Pathol 2002;26:795)
● Sebaceous differentiation with lobulated and infolded architecture, light and dark zones composed of basaloid cells with sharp cytoplasmic borders, vesicular nuclei and cytoplasm varying from scant to abundant with small vesicles
● Oil red O (lipid)
● PAS-diastase, mucicarmine
● Metastatic tumor from head and neck
● Mucoepidermoid carcinoma
● Squamous cell carcinoma with sebaceous differentiation
End of Lung tumor > Other carcinoma > Sebaceous carcinoma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).