Lymphoma and lymphoid infiltrates
Reviewer: Deepali Jain, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 22 January 2013, last major update September 2012
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● B cell neoplasm (usually lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma) plus serum IgM monoclonal paraprotein
● Usually elderly patients with indolent clinical course
● Median survival 5 years
● Involves bone marrow (100%), liver, spleen, lymph nodes (15-20%); lung is an unusual site (Am J Surg Pathol 2003;27:1104)
● Hyperviscosity syndrome in 15%
● Serum protein electrophoresis to detect monoclonal paraprotein
End of Lung tumor > Lymphoma and lymphoid infiltrates > Waldenström macroglobulinemia
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions (click here for other contact information).