Cite this page: DePond, W. D. Normal: follicular dendritic cells. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/lymphnodesaccessoryimmunefollicular.html. Accessed November 15th, 2019.
Definition / general
- Associated with germinal centers
- Have complex cell processes joined by desmosomes, but no Birbeck granules
- Control B cell maturation and isotype switching
- FDC like cells can be produced from monocytes (BMC Immunol 2005;6:23)
- Upregulated by Tamoxifin treatment for breast cancer (Am J Pathol 2003;163:1313)