Lymph nodes - not lymphoma
Reviewer: William D. DePond, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 3 July 2013, last major update June 2006
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
- Due to Brucella abortus, melitensis or suis
- Either occupational or food-related (milk and cheese)
- Fever, hepatosplenomegaly, rarely lymphadenopathy
- 22 year old woman with Kikuchi-Fujimoto necrotizing lymphadenitis associated with brucellosis (Sangre (Barc) 1992;37:201)
- 43 year old man with B. melitensis and subsequent Kikuchi-Fujimoto disease (In Vivo 2003;17:51)
- Follicular hyperplasia, clusters of epithelioid histiocytes that may form large noncaseating granulomas
- Eosinophils, plasma cells, immunoblasts
End of Lymph nodes - not lymphoma > Infectious/parasitic disorders > Brucellosis
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com
with any questions (click here for other