Lymph nodes - not lymphoma
Neoplasms (excludes lymphoma)
Reviewer: William D. DePond, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 23 July 2013, last major update June 2006
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
- See discussion in Bone chapter
- Rare non-Langerhans’ cell histiocytosis of bone, with 50% also involving hypothalamic-pituitary axis, lung, heart, retroperitoneum, skin, liver, kidneys, spleen, orbit
- Nodal involvement is very rare
- Large foamy histiocytes containing lipid, lymphocytic aggregates, fibrosis
- Rare Touton-like giant cells
Various images (C: lymph node)
CNS tumor is CD68+ with rare S100+ cells
End of Lymph nodes - not lymphoma > Neoplasms (excludes lymphoma) > Erdheim-Chester disease
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com
with any questions (click here for other