Lymph nodes - not lymphoma
Inflammatory disorders (non-infectious)
Reviewer: William D. DePond, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 20 July 2013, last major update June 2006
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
- Also called mucocutaneous lymph node syndrome
- Febrile disorder of unknown etiology usually affecting children
- High incidence (39 per 100K children below age 5) in Hong Kong (Hong Kong Med J 2005;11:331)
- Fever, pharyngitis and conjunctivitis, erythematous skin rashes, cervical adenopathy (25%); also arthritis (40%), coronary arteritis with persistent damage (15-25%) which may cause death
- IV gamma globulin, high dose aspirin
End of Lymph nodes - not lymphoma > Inflammatory disorders (non-infectious) > Kawasaki disease
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at [email protected]
with any questions (click here for other