Table of ContentsDefinition / General | Case Reports | Micro Description | Micro Images | Cytology Description | Positive Stains | Negative Stains | Differential Diagnosis
Cite this page: Leiomyoma. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/lymphnodesleiomyoma.html. Accessed April 23rd, 2017.
Definition / General
- Rare at this site; benign
- Leiomyomatosis in abdominal nodes is associated with uterine leiomyomas or disseminated peritoneal leiomyomatosis
- Partial or complete replacement of node by interlacing fascicles of bland spindle cells with blunt ended nuclei
- No nuclear palisading, no amianthoid fibers, no mitotic figures
- Spindle cells with oval spindle nuclei, dispersed chromatin, no nucleoli (Acta Cytol 2014;58:303)