Cite this page: DePond W. Lipogranuloma. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/lymphnodeslipogranuloma.html. Accessed June 3rd, 2020.
Definition / general
- Also called lipophagic granuloma
- Secondary to various inflammatory and neoplastic conditions or primary lesion of lymph node
- In West, commonly due to mineral oil ingestion or total parenteral nutrition
- 27 year old woman with prior giant cell tumor (Acta Cytol 2002;46:772)
Microscopic (histologic) description
- Giant cells (mono or multinuclear) with foamy and vacuolated cytoplasm