Lymph nodes - not lymphoma
Neoplasms (excludes lymphoma)
Reviewer: William D. DePond, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 31 July 2013, last major update June 2006
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
- Usually an extension of soft tissue tumor
- Rare as primary of lymph node
- Noncircumscribed, composed of variable sized endothelial lined lymphatic spaces with proteinaceous fluid
- Lymphocytes are present in fibrous septa
Factor VIII+ endothelial cells in non-nodal tissue
- Uniform population of small and round lymphocytes with occasional histiocytes, centrocytes, centroblasts and plasma cells
- No mitotic figures, no atypia (Acta Cytol 1999;43:442)
End of Lymph nodes - not lymphoma > Neoplasms (excludes lymphoma) > Lymphangioma
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com
with any questions (click here for other