Lymph nodes - not lymphoma
Reviewer: William D. DePond, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 4 July 2013, last major update June 2006
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
- Live attenuated vaccine may cause regional lymphadenopathy
- Measles associated lymphopenia may be due to apoptosis of uninfected lymphocytes (Arch Virol 2000;145:905)
- Fatal measles cases in South African in 1976-1982 were associated with malnutrition; caused depletion of T cell zones (S Afr Med J 1985;68:858)
- 14 month old boy with familial immunodeficiency and necrotizing lymphadenitis with Warthin-Finkeldey type giant cells after measles vaccination (Ultrastruct Pathol 1980;1:243)
- In germinal centers, Warthin-Findeldey giant cells have large nuclei and B cells markers
- In interfollicular areas they have small hyperchromatic nuclei and T cell markers (Pathol Int 1994;44:442)
End of Lymph nodes - not lymphoma > Infectious/parasitic disorders > Measles
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com
with any questions (click here for other