Table of ContentsDefinition / general
Cite this page: DePond W. Primary immunodeficiency disorders - general. PathologyOutlines.com website. http://www.pathologyoutlines.com/topic/lymphnodesprimaryimmunodefgeneral.html. Accessed March 31st, 2020.
Definition / general
- Either humoral (B cell related), cell mediated (T cell related) or defects in phagocytes / accessory immune system
- Diagnosis requires laboratory testing (including immunoglobulins), delayed type skin reactions and lymphocyte testing
- Lymph node biopsies provide quantitative information
- Humoral based disease - medullary plasma cells and no / reduced cortical centers
- Cell mediated based disease - reduced paracortical areas