Lymph nodes - not lymphoma
Primary immunodeficiency disorders
Reviewer: William D. DePond, M.D. (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 11 June 2013, last major update June 2006
Copyright: (c) 2003-2013, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
- Either humoral (B cell related), cell-mediated (T cell related) or defects in phagocytes / accessory immune system
- Diagnosis requires laboratory testing (including immunoglobulins), delayed-type skin reactions and lymphocyte testing
- Lymph node biopsies provide quantitative information
- Humoral based disease - medullary plasma cells and no/reduced cortical centers
- Cell-mediated based disease - reduced paracortical areas
End of Lymph nodes - not lymphoma > Primary immunodeficiency disorders > General
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com
with any questions (click here for other