Lymphoma - B cell neoplasms
B cell lymphoma subtypes
Diffuse large B cell lymphoma - CD5+
Reviewer: Nikhil Sangle, M.D., University of Utah and ARUP Laboratories (see Reviewers page)
Revised: 2 January 2011, last major update January 2011
Copyright: (c) 2001-2011, PathologyOutlines.com, Inc.
● 5-10% of diffuse large B cell lymphomas
● Heterogeneous, but some may have diffuse splenic red pulp involvement
● Poorer prognosis than CD5 negative diffuse large B cell lymphoma (Ann Oncol 2010;21:2069)
● Most cases do not appear to be related to CLL/SLL or mantle cell lymphoma (Am J Clin Pathol 2000;114:523)
● CNS recurrence in 13% (Haematologica 2008;93:1195)
CD5+, bcl2+, CD20+
Arising from follicular lymphoma
● CD19, CD20, CD5, bcl2, often FMC7
● Cyclin D1; usually CD10, CD23 (Blood 2002;99:815)
● Mantle cell lymphoma (usually intermediate grade cells, not high grade; cyclin D1+)
● SLL/CLL (low grade morphology)
End of Lymphoma - B cell neoplasms > B cell lymphoma subtypes > Diffuse large B cell lymphoma - CD5+
This information is intended for physicians and related personnel, who understand that medical information is often imperfect, and must be interpreted in the context of a patient's clinical data using reasonable medical judgment. This website should not be used as a substitute for the advice of a licensed physician.
All information on this website is protected by copyright of PathologyOutlines.com, Inc. Information from third parties may also be protected by copyright. Please contact us at copyrightPathOut@gmail.com with any questions (click here for other contact information).